Health Outreach sends dental/medical teams to developing countries. Our current sponsor communities are in the town of Quesada, and villages surrounding Old Antigua and along the Rio Dulce in Eastern Guatemala. Our projects are 1 to 2 weeks. In addition to lending their skills, health workers lead public health education talks to local community members and health personnel. Some working knowledge of the Spanish language is expected before travelling to the country. Accommodations are usually modest, comfortable and inexpensive.
Health Outreach has volunteer opportunities at home on an ongoing basis. Volunteers help with office work, fund-raising, desktop publishing and research as well as oversee special events. Together our volunteer possess a diversity of skills and contribute tremendously to our cause.
- Approach people who may have medical/dental equipment to donate
- Check and repair equipment
- Transport supplies and equipment internationally
- Provide storage for donated items
- Participate in programs and events to promote Health Outreach and create public awareness
Seeking material donations:
- Hospitals, Doctor offices
- Medical/Dental suppliers, Pharmaceutical companies
- Corporate Donations
- Private donors
- Financial Gifts